There is no doubt that kayaking is a wonderful outdoor sport. Being out there in the open water fishing can be exhilarating. One of the most common components that are often overlooked when kayaking is a vest, also known as a life jacket or PFD (Personal Flotation Device). Actually, a life vest is required by the law in many states, whether you are on a kayak or a typical sailboat.
However, not all vests for kayak fishing are made in the same way. If you are a woman, it is a good idea to find a gear that is suited for your gender rather than going for a universal vest.
In addition, the vest should fit perfectly and not chafe when wearing them and should be able to fit all the natural curves of a woman. Keep in mind that for adults, another seven or twelve pounds of buoyancy is needed to stay afloat. You have to keep in mind a few factors before making your pick. In this short post, we are going to discuss the important points to consider when looking for the Best Kayak Fishing Life Vest.
Best Kayak Fishing Life Vest - Our Top Choices
1. Stohlquist Men’s Ebb Life Jacket
2. ONYX Universal Paddle Life Vest
3. MTI Helios Inflatable PFD Life Jacket
4. ONYX Kayak Fishing Life Jacket
5. Astral Ronny Life Jacket PFD
6. NRS Chinook Fishing PFD
7. ONYX MoveVent Dynamic Paddle Sports Life Vest
8. ABSOLUTE OUTDOOR Onyx Manual Inflatable Vest
9. ABSOLUTE OUTDOOR Onyx Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket
10. Mustang Survival Corp M.I.T. 100 Automatic PFD
11. ONYX MoveVent Curve Paddle Sports Life Vest
12. Stohlquist Piseas Personal Floatation Device
13. Onyx Belt Pack Manual Inflatable Life Jacket
14. Stohlquist Toddler Life Jacket for Infants
15. Eyson Slim Manual Inflatable Life Jacket
The most important factors you need to keep in mind are:
- The material that has been used to make the life vest
- Appropriate fit and size for the life vest
- The category the vest should be for proper usage
You need to address all the factors we have listed above before you go out to buy your kayaking life vest. If you find that a vest doesn’t fit well, just find another one because it may sleep off when you need it most.
You also need to know what type is best suited for the activity you intend to use it for. We hope this short guide will help you to choose the Best Kayak Fishing Life Vest.