Are you confused to choose the best surf kayaks? No tension, dear! We will remove your confusion, just focus on our experts.
Surf kayaking is not the same as river kayaking. In fact, the designs for their kayaks also differ a little bit. The former, user a wider and longer design while the latter, has narrower models. Even so, the most important thing is to understand what type of kayaking you are into between Ocean kayak for surfing VS river kayak first before buying your kayak.
I have reviewed some of these top models here. Reading my review is therefore very vital. It will help you to gain a deeper understanding of the similarities and the difference which these kayaks come with.
Top 3 Surf Kayaks of 2020 | At A Glance
Best Surf Kayaks Reviews
- The Riot Boogie 50 is really a High-performance whitewater surf kayak that is a slightly longer and narrower version.
- The surfing power seat permits you a free motion.
- Enough rooms is available for tallest guys.
- Drain-plug is available.
- There are 2 rubber grab loops.
- Provide remarkable speed and carving power because of its unique shape.
- Three fins built into the hull help to keep straight while weaving.
- The foam foot-blocks are customizable cause much comfortable.
Length: 7 Feet & 9 Inch
Width: 24.7 Inch
Cockpit Dimensions: 32” x 17”
Weight: 35 lbs.
Max. Capacity: 200lbs. (91 kg.)
Material: Lightweight polyethylene
Rugged For: Surfing
Best For: rocky shores
Strategy 1: Pros & Cons
If you are looking for such a kayak that is faster and easier to carve, this is the best option for you.
- The hull construction is high-density polyethylene causes lower chances for the occurrence of cracks.
- The supreme design of the logo makes glitter in the dark cannot but charm you.
- The skid plate offers high stability while beaching out.
- The seat of this kayak has been constructed with UV-resistant nylon cloth.
- Brass clips and springs are available in this kayak as if the kayaker can hold the hull in place.
- The self-draining holes allow the water out.
Length: 12 Feet
Width: 34 Inch
Weight: 81 Pounds
Max. Capacity: 425 Pounds
Material: Roto-molded polyethylene
Rugged For: Fishing & Surfing
Best For: Ocean
Strategy 2: Pros & Cons
Many kayakers are fond of kayaking along with family member or friend. Somebody like to take his pet dog or, cat while kayaking. And the kayakers who want to enjoy the sun and surf as well, you can choose this kayak to fill your dream.
- 2 carrying handles are available both in bow and stern, so easy to carry.
- Paddle holder causes no chance of losing the paddle.
- Adjustable foot braces cause both shorter and taller guys can keep their leg in a comfortable position.
- Adjustable padded seat and the broader seating area cause of protective thigh
- pads provide more comforts.
- Open cockpit causes easy entry.
- An extra Portable Accessory Carrier can be used if somebody want.
- A dry storage compartment back to the seat.
Length: 10 Feet
Width: 30 Inch
Weight: 40 Pounds
Capacity: 250 Pounds
Material: Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex High Density Polyethylene
Best For: Lakes and rivers
Strategy 3: Pros & Cons
This Sun Dolphin Bali SS 10 has large storage to keep all your needs. And it can face terrible situations at any time cause of its many safety features. So, it can be your great choice.
How Do You Surf Ocean Waves in a Kayak?
Now that you have seen some of the best models for surfing, I guess making the right choice isn’t hard at all. You can pick on the models that I have given you or simply use the tips that I have prepared to get the option for your use.
The process is very easy. However, may I say that when choosing the best surf kayaks, you must look at the warranty. A kayak is a huge investment in a dangerous playground. Finding the best warranty will, therefore, go a long way.